new piece titled Crocodile • blue or green prints available for $100 • original pen on lined paper $10.3 mil • #slart
#music #sandiego #indie #paperforest
R.I.P. The 2976 American people that lost their lives on 9/11 and R.I.P. the 48,644 Afghan and 1,690,903 Iraqi and 35000 Pakistani people that paid the ultimate price for a crime they did not commit.
— Home is Not Places by The Apache Relay (via wordsthat-speak)
— Stephen McCranie (via nobodyiswatchingus)
While there is a lot of appropriate rage about Ferguson right now, the killing of John Crawford, III is getting less attention than it deserves. I put Shaun King’s tweets and history lesson on the matter in chronological order for easier consumption.
You really should be following Shaun King on Twitter.
Advice he’d give a 12-year-old version of himself"It might sound oversimplified, but I’d say, ‘Shhh.’ It’s so funny how noisy my brain is - it’s what it does, it makes thoughts. And the problem is, I think in most of our lives the root of suffering is listening to that brain noise and actually identifying with it as if it’s who you are. That’s just the noise your brain makes. And more often than not, it probably doesn’t have much to say that’s going to help you. I’ve felt my best are the moments that I’ve been able to pull that plug and say, ‘Chris … shhh … shhh.’ And it’s not quitting, it’s not giving up, it’s not washing your hands of the thought, it’s rising above it. All the time I’ve spent suffering as a result of brain noise, hours of my life wasted. So that’s what I’d say: ‘Shhh.’"
- “If you were to press your heart close up against somebody else’s heart eventually your hearts will start beating at the same time. And two little...”
- “I’m independent and strong, but sometimes…just sometimes, it’s nice to be taken care of.”— The Mighty Storm (Samantha Towle)
i have two moods:
1. everybody get the fuck away from me
2. someone come over and cuddle and watch movies with me
there is no in...
- “Home is not places, it is love.”— Home is Not Places by The Apache Relay (via wordsthat-speak)